Are there any risks or side effects?
Patients can experience a tingling or 'pins and needles' type sensation to the skin, although short periods of stimulation at a low intensity can overcome this.
Click here to read a Prime Physio FES success story
There is strong evidence to suggest that this well-established technology can help deliver the following health benefits:
- Improved bone density in the legs
- Improved bladder and bowel function
- Decreased limb spasticity
- Increased feelings of wellbeing
- Improved blood circulation
- Increased responsiveness to insulin
- Rebuilding leg muscle strength and bulk
- Training the cardio vascular system for improved fitness